Imma vote yes.
There are several reasons why I am going to vote yes;
- It is supported by child advocates such as Barnardos, Plunket, UNICEF, Save The Children and Women's Refuge
- The bill was created to stop the excuse of using reasonable force in child assault cases
- To protect children from assault
- It supports positive parenting
- For the sake of Nia Glassie, the Kahui twins and other New Zealand children that have been murdered
- I'm going to vote yes because it is the right thing to do, violence should never be the answer
The level of child abuse in New Zealand is disgusting. Children are the most vulnerable members of our society and we should be doing everything we can to protect them!
The bill still allows for a light smack as part of child correction. But it is overwhelmingly common that a smack is always the first answer to treating a problem. Other steps aren't always used.
I urge any New Zealand out there, reading this blog to please check out www.voteyes.co.nz
Do it for our kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment